Monday, June 7, 2010

Soy Glazed Salmon with Lemon

Made this EASY, light, super fast salmon dish for dinner tonight. Literally took 5 minutes to prep, 15 to cook. I'm just getting back in the habit of menu planning and remembering how happy cooking makes me, so I'm trying to add a few extremely-low-effort-yet-high-return dishes to my repertoire as I rev back up for summer, post morning sickness-induced cooking hiatus.

I threw in a bunch of baby carrots in the dish to cook with the fish, and they came out tender and juicy. I'd highly recommend serving over white rice to sop up the flavorful glaze. I was running low on a few ingredients, so I started with a base of Soy Vay teriyaki marinade from Trader Joe's and added dashes of brown sugar, white wine, fresh lemon, olive oil and soy sauce, but I bet it'd be delicious on its own without a base as well.

Makes 4

* 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons dry white wine, or water
* 2 pounds salmon fillet
* Lemon wedges, for serving

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. with a rack in the center. Make the glaze: In a small bowl, stir brown sugar, olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, and white wine until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Cut salmon fillet into 4 equal-size pieces; arrange, skin side down, in a single layer in a baking dish. Pour glaze over the fish, and turn to coat evenly.
3. Bake until fish is opaque but still bright pink inside, basting every few minutes with glaze from baking dish, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.

(Source: http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/soy-glazed-salmon)

No comments:

Post a Comment