Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Iron Chef'ing the Leftovers: Pesto Salmon Pasta

So, I wanted to use up the leftover salmon from last night's dinner, and also had a bunch of homemade pesto to use while it was still fresh. So, the result: iron chef'ing a tasty recipe using the ingredients I had. This pasta was deliciously creamy and once again, very easy! (The hubs, who is looking over my shoulder, gives a ringing endorsement, as does the dog, who is actively licking up my leftovers as I type.) Adapted from busycooks.com.

Serves 2.

--1 portion salmon (about 1/3 of a pound)
--1/2 pound angel hair pasta
--About 6 ounces basil pesto (I used the homemade recipe posted below)
--1/2 cup half and half
--1/2 cup sour cream
--Generous Parmesan cheese

While boiling water for pasta, preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake salmon in a dish with some olive oil on the bottom, for 15 minutes. Cook angel hair pasta and set aside. Combine pesto, half and half and sour cream in a saucepan, on medium high heat for about 2-3 minutes, then add some cheese. Cut the salmon up into chunks and stir in with the pesto sauce. Put on pasta and add more cheese and salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment