Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Asian citrus vinaigrette

In my first foray into the kitchen in a *very* long time (my first time teaching + a four month old + a husband on paternity leave = no cooking for me) I made Soy Glazed Salmon with Lemon (in a earlier post) and also whipped up this great salad dressing that I found on the Earthbound Farm site.

Asian Citrus Vinaigrette

1/4 cup fresh tangerine or orange juice

2 tablespoons rice vinegar (unseasoned)

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon peeled and finely grated fresh ginger

1 teaspoon soy sauce

1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Combine all ingredients and stir vigorously.

I didn't have any fresh ginger so I skipped it and it was still great. I served over baby spinach with some slivered almonds on top.

A triumphant return to the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment